Thursday, December 11, 2008

Action Shot - Chickadee & Finch (?) in flight

In the beginning of the week I spoke to my daughter's dance instructor and swim instructor to get permission to take pictures during class for my action shots. I was going to take shots of when the dancers jump into the air and swimmers cutting through the water & jumping in (Friday night)... however with the storm that is headed our way there will more than likely be no school, no dance class, no swim class, and us without power as usual (happens all the time where I live). So with that said during my lunch break (which I am hurrying to do this) filled the feeders up, since the chickadees were already checking them out, grabbed my camera and took as many pictures as I could in 5 minutes... here is one where I finally was able to capture one in flight/landing...

2 comments:

Jade and Jay said...

I love taking bird flying shots as well. My goal is to get a great shot of a hummingbird some day; all my tries are quite blurry. I really like the second shot with the fanned out wing.

Anonymous said...

Great post and great photos. I love the movement in the birds.