Saturday, November 29, 2008

Week 13 Portraits

I dodged the background instead of having the bright grey of the outside as the background, the photo was also cropped and then coverted over to a dry brush painting. Poppy & granddaughter - I love how this picture came out... warm fuzzies. :0)

My sister-in-law worked with me on this shot as long as she could wear a hat (she was having a bad hair day - we just returned from an all-out black friday day out- rain - wind, etc. need I say more ;0) ) The above and below shot were both cropped, lighting corrected, below the color taken out and done as newspaper black and white enhance, then painted in the portion of the face that is showing. I used the idea of not having the subject straight on, only a portion showing and something in the background that could be related to the subject. (We pretended that she was a piano player).



5 comments:

Christina said...

Rach all three of your portraits are wonderful but I especially like the first one. It is a perfect picture. Great Job!!

Jade and Jay said...

Your Poppy & granddaughter picture is very sweet. The way you dodged the background made a cool looking glow around them. I also liked your two non-straight on profile shots. For a second I thought the subject may have been a mannequin, but I guess I was wrong.

Rach said...

You are right Jay - it does look like she might be a mannequin! Funny! I liked how there was a glow around them also - that's my dad and my youngest daughter. She's a mommy's girl, so she ends up being in a lot of my projects as she is always with me (plus has an interest in it). Thanks Jay!

Thanks Christina! I like the first one the best also - warm fuzzies - am going to have that one printed off to put on my desk!

Anonymous said...

The composition of the granddaughter and poppy is just lovely especially the addition of the candles at the bottom! Great job. And the black and white with the colored in face is my favorite of the other two. Had she not had a bad hair day and worn the hat it would not have been such an effective shot...

Rach said...

I actually wanted the hat because I wanted her face to be partially hidden somehow, I think I took about 12 pictures and this was the one I liked the best - it had the most hidden of her face... which I thought would be more mysterious. :)