Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Week 8 Part 2 - Photomosaic


The color isn't as bright as the original, however it's not too bad since you can still see some detail. I made the tile smaller so the objects would be more distinct and recognizable. The photo is made up of photos of flowers from around my house, our kitties and dog, along with some lily pads/ cattails, Buddha and one of the candle pictures. :) I had to play around with quite a few images - pulling from here and there in order to get one that looked okay without having to mix photos that were completely unrelated as the foundation - which didn't make sense to me - although maybe that could be considered abstract... photomosiac program provided by andreamosiac.


9 comments:

Jade and Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jade and Jay said...

You may have noticed I deleted my first comment. I originally thought you only used flower photos within your tile archive, but upon closer inspection I mow see cats and dogs. It looks great.

Rach said...

Sorry Jay - i did one picture in the beginning and then noticed that it took pictures from another file also that was from my family file - yikes! So I had to pull it off and redo it and repost maybe that is what happened - we were both working on it at the same time. :) All fixed now!

Alina said...

Your photomosaic is beautiful, I like how you used mostly flower pictures to create a flower mosaic.

Caitlin said...

I agree, it is beautiful! did you use the link karen gave us?

Rach said...

Thanks Caitlin for reminding me - I forgot to note that is what I used per the andrea mosaic website.

photography by lisa whitman said...

Rach,

Wow! The photo mosaic is beautiful. I am hoping I can use this website/tool with my Mac, so far I have not been able to use the extras like the collage. Thank goodness for Flickr. : )

How long did it take you to make the photo mosaic?

Great job!

Rach said...

Hi Lisa - it took me a while - i tried a couple of different pictures first and they were not coming out where you could really see what it was (and I knew what the pic was), and then there was the empty spots all over the place. I finally settle on this picture and had to keep adding other types of photos to fill it - so probably between the other pictures and this one maybe about 90 minutes.

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of tiles in this photo compared to what I used and that probably gives it the ability to have a lot more detail. This detail is pretty amazing!

Oh and I didn't know you could delete comments. That's good to know if you make a mistake...